[2 / 1]

No.648252322 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /b/. I vould use some advise.

I was having a good evening today, until a friend texted me. After which, my mood turned somber.

You see, the friend that texted me isn't really.....well. Things happened between us. The quick story is that about 8 years ago, his little brother was killed while hanging out with my brother....Things fell out. Emotions ran raw. His family blamed my brother for the accident. Things...got tense. Then they lightened up for a bit. I didn't talk to my friend for about 8 years after this. (I was around 16 at the time)

About a year ago, he sent me a text. He apologized for all that happened, and wanted to be friends again. At first I was all for it. He had probably been my best and only friend during those years. I wanted to get that feeling back. I sent him a text back saying that all was fine. That we could be friends again, of course. That I'd never discounted our friendship.

Then I had doubts. Paranoia struck me, and I wondered if he was coming back, maybe for revenge. Then those emotions quelled. I was stuck with a sort of sad emotion. It's the same one that struck me this evening.

As I pondered these thoughts, these emotions, I think I know what the problem is. I am not the person I was when I was 16. I'm almost 25 now. I'm completely different now, while he remained relatively the same.

Now, I'm not sure I want to be friends with him again. It's not that I dislike him, I don't know what how to explain it. I feel uncomfortable every time he texts me. Everytime he says he's in town and wants to hang out. He doesn't even live here anymore. I still only respond to his texts. He's the one who instigates our conversations, and that happens maybe once every three months.

I don't know what to tell him. It hurts somewhere inside me when I try to talk to him. I don't want to hurt him.

Sorry for the story.
What do I do /b/?